Prep and cooking time: 30 mins Serves: 2-3
- 1 leek
- 1 courgette
- 80g frozen peas
- 250g Arborio rice
- 1 chicken or veg stock cube
- 1 fish stock cube
- ½ lemon
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: parmesan
- Optional: Kale
- Stir up the stock cubes in 900ml of boiling water.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tbsp Olive oil and add in the chopped leek and cook for 3 minutes.
- Then add in the chopped courgette and rice. Cook for 2 minutes.
- For the next 20 minutes, add in a ladleful of stock water to the rice and stir constantly. Add in more water once the rice has soaked it up, one ladleful at a time.
- After 20 minutes, the rice should have soaked up the stock water. Add the frozen peas and parmesan if using. Squeeze and stir in the lemon juice.
- Finally serve it up, serve with a good portion of kale if you wish and then enjoy.
Happy Running, Happy Cooking – Alex, AC Running and Fitness.