So simple, so tasty – don’t get bored by the usual pasta dishes. Try this dish this week and you won’t be let down by the flavours. A perfect summer pasta dish for any occasion.
Everyone loves a BBQ, here a few different ideas to mix up your BBQ this summer. They are quick and easy to put together, taste great and of course healthy options!
Prep and cooking time: 40 mins
Super charged with protein, vitamins, iron and fibre this curry doesn’t disappoint. Full of flavour, energy and all-round goodness. Perfect for any occasion and easy to put together.
Prep time: 10mins. Baking Time: 20mins
These healthy refined sugar free granola bars are bound together by bananas. The fruit provides all the sweetness and making them soft and chewy. Packed full of chia, flax and pumpkin seeds boosting energy, iron and fibre. Perfect pre/post or during a run or perfect as a healthy snack.
Prep and cooking time: 30 mins Serves: 2
Pizza doesn’t have to be a unhealthy binge. This recipe is simple, takes no time at all and best of all it is such a healthy alternative to shop and takeaway bought pizzas. What’s more you can enjoy being creative and add whatever toppings you want.
Prep and cooking time: 15-20 mins
This pesto is incredibly tasty and takes no time at all to put together. Greta to have with your favourite pasta and vegetables and you have a great comforting healthy meal.
These refined sugar free muffins are delicious and light. Made with wholewheat for a better energy source and Greek yoghurt for a moist texture. These healthier muffins are a great alternative treat to those high fat high sugar coffee shop versions.
This pesto is so easy to make, you can just throw it all together. No need for set amounts just shove it all in a food processor, give it a good mix and it’s ready in minutes.
Perfect pre, post run or perfect on the go for those long runs. Simple to make and much better than sugar packed shop bought energy bars. They contain only natural sugar, they are rich in essential fats, fibre, B Vitamins, iron, magnesium, zinc and Omega-3.
One of my favourites – it’s packed full of flavour. Full of goodness and only takes
15minutes to rustle up. You can choose to add prawns to have that little bit extra or chicken if you prefer.
Plenty of protein, carbohydrates vitamins and minerals – perfect for a post run recovery meal. The spinach gives a good iron boost too.
Prep time: 10 mins. Cooking time: 20-25mins
1 Minute Recipes
Chia Energy Flapjack
Perfect for taking proper food out on your long runs. Powered by the chia seed. All natural ingredients and NO ADDED SUGAR!
Ingredients: 2 Large eggs, 240g Oats, 100g Chia Seeds, 80g sultanas, 40g ground flax seeds, honey, Red Palm and Rapeseed Oil, orange zest and Cinnamon (optional)
Method: 1) Preheat oven to 150
2) Break the 2 eggs into large bowl, mix well with 4 tbsp honey and 3tbsp oil. Add in the zest of half an orange
3) Add oats gradually and mix well. Continue to add sultanas, chia seeds and flax seeds. Mixing well.
4) If needed add more honey and oil to make mixture sticky.
5) Into medium sized baking tray add 2tbsp of oil and heat for a couple of minutes. Carefully remove tray and ensure oil is well spread over the bottom.
6) Empty all of mixture into tray and firmly press down on it so that it all sticks together. Optional: Sprinkle over a little cinnamon over the top. Then place in middle of oven for 15-20 minutes until starts to brown on top.
7) Leave to cool, cut up and enjoy!
Chia Banana Bomb
I love this recipe. Its so easy. so tasty, full of energy and as always only natural ingredients and no added sugar.
Ingredients (no measurements needed here just dollop it in): 1 unripe banana, Greek yoghurt, honey, chia seeds, cinnamon.
Method: 1) Mash up the banana with a fork (keep a small amount of banana intact for later) then dollop in around 4 spoons of Greek yoghurt and mix together.
2) Add in 1 spoon of honey and a dash of cinnamon – mix together.
3) Add in loads of chia seeds.
4) Put in a bowl/jar, top with some banana and sprinkle of cinnamon and pop in fridge to set for an hour or so.
5) Eat and enjoy the goodness!