Hello, My name is Alex Cann and I want to bring my love of running and all it brings to you. My passion for running and the running lifestyle has grown considerably since I started 14 years ago. After the completion of my first race, I caught the running bug and have since gone further and quicker. I have developed a broad knowledge on how to stay injury free, look after my body, how food impacts performance and well-being and how to stay motivated even on dark, cold wet winter nights.
Here is a few of my proudest achievements:
- Lakeland 100 (108) Mile Ultra Marathon – 33 hours 44 mins 155/539 (July 2022)
- Lakeland 50 mile Ultra Marathon – 10 hours 59 mins 68th/1200 (July 2021)
- 50 (51.5) Mile Ultra Marathon in 7 hours 52 mins – 9th place 2022. 8 hours 45 mins – 14th 2017 8 hours 38 – 21st 2019
- 35 Mile Gritstone Grind Ultra Marathon in 6 hours 6 minutes – 6th Place (Sep 2019)
- Gritstone Grind Ultra Marathon again in 6 hours 31 seconds – 3rd Place (Sep 2021)
- 2hr 57min Marathon – Chester Marathon 2019
- 3 London Marathons
- Half Marathon PB of 1:23 2016
- 10k PB of 35:51 2020
- 5k PB of 17:19 2020
And my goals to achieve:
- Complete a 100 mile race
- Win a race
- Promote the love of running, being active and leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Use my knowledge to help everyone reach their ambition
After being a successful primary school teacher for 4 and a half years, I wanted to extend my passion for running and share it with you. I want to help you lead a healthy active lifestyle whilst achieving your running goals. As well as being a qualified teacher (PGCE), I have a BSc(hons) Physical Education and Youth Sport Degree and I am a qualified level 2 running coach with UK Athletics.
There is no better feeling than achieving your goal. Whether it be a 5k, a marathon, ultra marathon or run for a charity or just to run for 30 minutes without stopping. It doesn’t matter what your goal is, what matters is that you have one. I can help you get there and feel proud of yourself!
Please take a look around at my services and I look forward to hearing from y
Still can’t find what you’re looking for or have some questions then just send them my way. I will find a way to help you! Contact Me
See you soon!
Why AC Running & Fitness?
- Professional friendly service
- Bespoke services to suit you
- 15 years of running experience from 5k races to Ultra Marathons
- Passion for health, fitness and well-being
- Alternative approach to the traditional gym based sessions.