Prep and cooking time: 30 mins Serves: 2-3
- 1 garlic clove
- 200g asparagus
- 100g mushrooms (chestnut if available)
- 1 onion
- 200g risotto rice
- 20g parmaesan
- ½ punch parsley
- 1 veg stock cube
- 30g frozen peas
- Olive oil
- ½ lemon
- Chop off woody asparagus ends and discard. Roughly chop the rest of the asparagus and mushrooms. Finely chop the onion. Bring 600ml water to boil and mix with stock cube. Add the parsley stalks to the stock and keep the leaves for later.
- In large pan heat a splash of olive oil. Add the onion and a splash of water. Cook for 5 mins on medium heat. Then add in the garlic, mushrooms and rice. Stir well and cook for 2/3 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in a ladleful of stock to the pan, stir continuously adding the stock a ladleful at a time one the rice has absorbed the water.
- After 10 mins add in the mushrooms, asparagus and peas whilst continuing to add the water. Cook for another 10 mins or until the rice and veg are soft but still with a bit.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat then stir in the chopped parsley leaves, grated parmesan and juice of a lemon. Season with salt and pepper. Give it a good stir and leave to rest for 2 minutes.
- Dish up and serve.
Happy Running, Happy Cooking – Alex, AC Running and Fitness.