This simple dish is perfect comfort food on those cold winter nights. Ready in 30 minutes and can feed the whole family.
- 400g Arborio rice
- 1 large carrot
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 onion
- 1 x 300g tin of borlotti beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 knobs of unsalted butter
- 150ml Pinot Grigio white wine
- 60g Parmesan cheese
- 1 litre veg stock
- olive oil
- Finely chop onion and garlic and add to large wide pan with 2tbsp of olive oil. Heat on medium heat and add the butter. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, chopped carrot and chopped courgette and toast for 2 minutes.
- Add in the white wine and stir until absorbed. Then stir in the beans, straight from the tin, water and all.
- Add in a ladleful of stock and stir. Once all the water is absorbed add in another ladleful, stirring frequently. Continue with this process until all the stock is used, the rice is soft but still with a nice bite to it (roughly 18 minutes)
- Once cooked, remove from the heat, season with black pepper and stir in all the Parmesan and leave to rest for 2 minutes.
- Stir well then serve it up!