Prep and cooking time: 45 mins Serves: 3-4
Notch up your 5 a day with this quick, easy yet sweet and refreshing curry.
- 1 large onion
- 2 peppers (1 red, 1 yellow)
- 3 tbsp medium curry powder
- Can of pineapple in unsweetened juice
- 400g can of coconut milk
- 400g can of kidney beans (drained)
- Coriander (dried or fresh)
- Olive oil
- 30g peas
- 2 carrots
- Half a cauliflower
- Brown rice to serve
- Heat 1tbsp olive oil in large pan on medium heat. Roughly chop the onion, peppers, carrots and cauliflower; add to the pan and cook for 5 mins.
- Stir in the curry powder then tip in the chopped pinepapple, juice and all. Stir in the coconut milk and simmer uncovered for 30 mins.
- Add the beans and peas, season with salt and pepper then stir in the coriander. Cook for a further 3 mins until the beans and peas are warmed through.
- Serve up with rice and enjoy.
Do share your images and comments of this recipe on AC Running and Fitness’s Facebook or Twitter Page. ‘Train Well, Eat Well, Live Well.’
Happy Running, Happy Cooking – Alex, AC Running and Fitness.
You must be logged in to post a comment.