Harissa Chicken and Chickpea Tagine
Plenty of protein, carbohydrates vitamins and minerals – perfect for a post run recovery meal. The spinach gives a good iron boost too.
Prep time: 10 mins. Cooking time: 20-25mins
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Onion
- 1 tbsp Harissa paste
- 2 carrots
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin of chickpeas
- 500ml of Chicken stock
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 150g fresh spinach
- 50g raisins
- Couscous to serve
- Finely chop onion and carrot. Cut chicken into chunks.
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat.
- Cook chicken until lightly coloured then add onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, cinnamon, coriander, harissa paste and stir well.
- After a few minutes add the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, raisins and stock.
- Stir well and bring to a simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once cooked, stir in the spinach so that it wilts.
- Serve with couscous or if you prefer brown rice.
Do share your images and comments of this recipe on AC Running and Fitness’s Facebook or Twitter Page. ‘Train Well, Eat Well, Live Well.’
Happy Running, Happy Cooking – Alex, AC Running and Fitness.
You must be logged in to post a comment.