Prep and cooking time: 15-20 mins
This pesto is incredibly tasty and takes no time at all to put together. Greta to have with your favourite pasta and vegetables and you have a great comforting healthy meal.
- 3/4 good handful of fresh basil leaves
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 50g Parmesan Cheese
- 60g Pine Nuts
- 1 Garlic clove
- 200g Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 200g Red Pepper
- Your favourite Wholewheat pasta
- Your favourite veg
- First, take a handful of pine nuts and roast them for a few minutes in a hot frying pan. Do not blacken too much as it will impair the flavour later on.
- In your processer, place in the fresh basil and whirl it up for a few seconds.
- Then add the pine nuts, tomatoes, chopped red pepper, chopped garlic and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Give it a blend for 15 seconds.
- Add in the grated parmesan and 4/5 tbsp of olive oil. Give it a good whirl for a few minutes until finally blended together. Have a quick taste, add more salt or oil if needed. For an extra kick add in some chilli or lemon juice.
- Then it’s ready to go, cook up your favourite wholewheat pasta, add in some veg, then your pesto and you have a quick, tasty meal in no time.
Extra tip – keep 50ml or so of the cooked pasta water to make your pesto pasta dish that little bit saucier.
Do share your images and comments of this recipe on AC Running and Fitness’s Facebook or Twitter Page. ‘Train Well, Eat Well, Live Well.’
Happy Running, Happy Cooking – Alex, AC Running and Fitness.