Prep and cooking time: 30 mins Serves: 2
Pizza doesn’t have to be a unhealthy binge. This recipe is simple, takes no time at all and best of all it is such a healthy alternative to shop and takeaway bought pizzas. What’s more you can enjoy being creative and add whatever toppings you want.
- 240g Self-raising wholewheat flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 150ml Milk
- Tomato Puree
- Dried herbs – basil and/or oregano
- Your favourite cheese
- Whatever meat and or veg you want!
- To make the pizza base – place all ingredients in large bowl and need together so that it forms a dough ball. Add more flour if it is sticky or more oil and milk if dry.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- On a chopping board, sprinkle a little flour. Take half of the dough ball and begin to flatten with hands and rolling pin. Make sure it is really flat. Repeat this with the other half.
- Once you have your bases, you can being putting your toppings on. Begin with spread the tomato puree all over the base. Sprinkle on the dried herbs then add your favourite meat and or veg. Then cover with your favourite grated cheese.
- Place on pizza base try and pop into the oven on 180 fan for 15 minutes or until cooked through in the middle.
Do share your images and comments of this recipe on AC Running and Fitness’s Facebook or Twitter Page. ‘Train Well, Eat Well, Live Well.’
Happy Running, Happy Cooking – Alex, AC Running and Fitness.