Ready in 30 minutes, this simple recipe is a perfect fuel source for those long runs or a post run boost.
- 2 Tins of Tuna in Spring Water (drained)
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 red chilli
- Handful of baby sweetcorn
- Handful mange tout
- 2 handfuls of frozen peas
- 1 lime
- 2 portions of brown rice
- coriander (dried or fresh)
- jerk seasoning
- Cook rice to packet instructions
- Meanwhile, drain and empty tuna into bowl and season with 1 tbsp of jerk seasoning. Mix well.
- Finely chop the onion and chilli (discard seeds depending on heat preference). Cut the baby sweetcorn and mange tout in half.
- When rice is ready, take off heat and drain.
- Heat 1tbsp olive oil in wok or large frying pan. Add the onion and chillies and fry over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the baby corn and mange tout and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle a further tbsp of jerk seasoning in the wok and coat the veg.
- Stir in the tuna.
- Gradually add the rice and then the peas. Add 100ml of water, season with a little salt and pepper and stir the well until peas are cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove wok from heat and stir through the juice of a lime and 2tbsp of coriander.
- Dish up and serve
You must be logged in to post a comment.