Prep time:10mins Cooking time: 30 mins Serves 3-4
A perfect weekend night in tasty treat. Easy to make and uses only the basic ingredients making it very cheap. You can easily double up the ingredients to treat the whole family. Goes perfect with my Mexican style potatoes. A great winter warmer.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp chipotle paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp dried coriander leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and the finely chopped onion and fry until soft and golden.
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chipotle paste and chopped tomatoes.
- Place the chicken breasts in the pan whole. Cover with the sauce and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Add in a splash of water if becomes dry.
- When chicken is cooked, remove from pan. Shred the chicken with 2 forks, then stir back into the sauce.
- Slice the yellow pepper into rough chunks and add to pan.
- Season with stew with salt and pepper. Plus, add more water if needed.
- Stir in 1 tsp of dried coriander leaves and oregano and leave to simmer for 5 mins.
- Serve up with rice, tortillas or Mexican potatoes, scatter the remaining dried coriander leaves and enjoy.
Do share your images and comments of this recipe on AC Running and Fitness’s Facebook or Twitter Page.
‘Train Well, Eat Well, Live Well.’
Happy Running, Happy Cooking
AC Running and Fitness.