Prep time:10mins Cooking time: 20 mins Serves 3-4
A perfect weekend night in tasty treat. Easy to make and uses only the basic ingredients making it very cheap. You can easily double up the ingredients to treat the whole family. Goes perfect with my Mexican Style Chicken Stew. A great winter warmer.
- 800g potato, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp oregano
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Boil cubed potatoes for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile finely chop and then fry the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spices, fry for 2 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and add to onion and spice mix.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until soft. Continually toss potatoes to unsure even cooking.
- Add oregano, season with salt and pepper and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Ready to serve. Perfect with my Mexican Style Chicken stew or as a side dish to chilli.
Do share your images and comments of this recipe on AC Running and Fitness’s Facebook or Twitter Page.
‘Train Well, Eat Well, Live Well.’
Happy Running, Happy Cooking
AC Running and Fitness.
You must be logged in to post a comment.