Prep time: 15 mins. Baking time: 12-15mins
Packed full of protein, vitamins and monounsaturated fats these biscuits are perfect as a snack, quick breakfast or an alternative fuel source whilst out on that long run. Made without butter, oil or any added sugars (apart from the chocolate) yet they are still soft and chewy and tasty.
- 110g oats
- 110g wholegrain flour
- 110g natural peanut butter
- 150g runny honey
- 50g sultanas
- 50g dark chocolate
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre- heat oven to 190°C/170°C Fan. Line large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place oats and flour in large mixing bowl. In separate bowl, mix the peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and beaten egg. Combine the two mixtures and mix well until you have a smooth dough.
- With a sharp knife carefully cut the chocolate into small chunks. Add the chocolate and sultanas to the mixture and stir in.
- Roll palm sized portions into flat round biscuits shapes and place on baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool and then enjoy!
Do share your images and comments of this recipe on AC Running and Fitness’s Facebook or Twitter Page. ‘Train Well, Eat Well, Live Well.’
Happy Running, Happy Cooking
AC Running and Fitness.