Refreshing Zesty Cauliflower and Mushroom Pasta
Prep and cooking time: 15-20 mins Serves: 2-3
So simple, so tasty – don’t get bored by the usual pasta dishes. Try this dish this week and you won’t be let down by the flavours. A perfect summer pasta dish for any occasion.
- 1 Onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes (or to taste)
- 15g Thyme
- 15g Parsley
- 20g Parmesan Cheese
- 250g Chestnut Mushrooms
- 300g Cauliflower
- 200g Wholewheat Pasta
- 100g Ricotta Cheese
- Finely slice garlic and onion and bring 2 Tbsp Olive oil in large pan.
- Add garlic, onion, thyme, chilli flakes and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice mushrooms into chunks and chop cauliflower into small florets. After 10 minutes, add mushrooms and cauliflower to pan, stir, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- While cooking, begin to cook your favourite wholewheat pasta to packet instructions.
- When cauliflower has softened, add in parsley, ricotta, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain but keep a mugful of water.
- Add pasta to cauliflower and stir in some of the water until you get a consistency to your preference.
- Stir in Parmesan and more seasoning if required.
- Serve up and enjoy the refreshing zesty pasta dish.
Do share your images and comments of this recipe on AC Running and Fitness’s Facebook or Twitter Page. ‘Train Well, Eat Well, Live Well.’
Happy Running, Happy Cooking – Alex, AC Running and Fitness.
You must be logged in to post a comment.