Super Charged Cauli, Sweet Potato and Spinach Curry
Prep and cooking time: 40 mins
Super charged with protein, vitamins, iron and fibre this curry doesn’t disappoint. Full of flavour, energy and all-round goodness. Perfect for any occasion and easy to put together.
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 small red chilli
- 1 tbsp curry powder (you choose the heat)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tin cannellini beans
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 200ml water
- 125g frozen peas
- 200g fresh spinach
- ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
To serve – wholegrain rice
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, add the chopped onions and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and chopped chilli and fry for a further minute.
- Add in the curry powder, cumin, ground coriander, paprika, turmeric, cinnamon and thyme and fry for a minute.
- Next, add in the chopped-up cauliflower and sweet potato – cover in the paste.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, water and cannellini beans. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas, lemon juice and dried coriander and stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the spinach gradually and stir in well.
- Once the spinach has wilted finally add in the Greek yoghurt, stir well and serve with your favourite wholegrain rice.
Do share your images and comments of this recipe on AC Running and Fitness’s Facebook or Twitter Page. ‘Train Well, Eat Well, Live Well.’
Happy Running, Happy Cooking
AC Running and Fitness.