Prep and cooking time: 15-20 mins Serves: 2-3
Forget the takeaway this incredibly easy dish is a great healthy yet tasty alternative. Packed full of veg and strong flavours it is the perfect weekend dish for all the family to enjoy!
- 1 Onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli or dried chilli flakes
- 1 stalk of lemongrass
- 1 lime
- 3cm ginger
- Asian Fish Sauce
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 300g raw peeled prawns
- Your favourite veg (I used broccoli, carrots, peas and pepper – basically what we had left over in the fridge).
- Brown rice to serve
- Finely slice garlic, onion, ginger, chilli and ½ lemongrass stalk (save the bulb end for later). Add 2 tbsp olive oil to pan and saute the onion and garlic for 2 mins. Then add the chill (or chilli flakes), ginger and chopped lemongrass. Heat on medium heat for 5 mins.
- Add the veg and prawns. Fry for 2 minutes then add the coconut milk. Gently simmer for 5 minutes whilst adding a splash of fish oil and the juice of 1 lime.
- Season with salt, pepper and dried coriander.
- Dish up with some brown basmati rice and enjoy your takeaway style curry in no time.
Do share your images and comments of this recipe on AC Running and Fitness’s Facebook or Twitter Page. ‘Train Well, Eat Well, Live Well.’
Happy Running, Happy Cooking – Alex, AC Running and Fitness.
You must be logged in to post a comment.