Prep and cooking time: 15-20 mins Serves: 2-3
Forget the takeaway this incredibly easy dish is a great healthy yet tasty alternative. Packed full of veg and strong flavours it is the perfect weekend dish for all the family to enjoy!
- 1 Onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli or dried chilli flakes
- 1 stalk of lemongrass
- 1 lime
- 3cm ginger
- Asian Fish Sauce
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 300g raw peeled prawns
- Your favourite veg (I used broccoli, carrots, peas and pepper – basically what we had left over in the fridge).
- Brown rice to serve
- Finely slice garlic, onion, ginger, chilli and ½ lemongrass stalk (save the bulb end for later). Add 2 tbsp olive oil to pan and saute the onion and garlic for 2 mins. Then add the chill (or chilli flakes), ginger and chopped lemongrass. Heat on medium heat for 5 mins.
- Add the veg and prawns. Fry for 2 minutes then add the coconut milk. Gently simmer for 5 minutes whilst adding a splash of fish oil and the juice of 1 lime.
- Season with salt, pepper and dried coriander.
- Dish up with some brown basmati rice and enjoy your takeaway style curry in no time.
Happy Running, Happy Cooking – Alex, AC Running and Fitness.